A few weeks ago Agim Salon wrote about changing your hair color to a lighter shade, this week we Agim Salon is going to discuss the process to having blonde hair.
Changing your hair color to blonde from brown is quite common practice but if not done correctly, the results can be disastrous. Take the right steps and avoid taking shortcuts and you will achieve your goal. You do not need to be experienced to get it right, just careful. The process will mean bleaching your hair and if you are not comfortable with doing that, then perhaps blonde hair is not an option for you. It is also a time consuming process so please bare that in mind also.
What will you need?
- Giant, old towel or button-up shirt
- Conditioning mask
- Alligator clips
- Plastic mixing bowl
- Cream developer
- Applicator brush
- Rat-tail comb
- Powdered hair bleach (DO NOT use household bleach)
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Disposable gloves
- Blonde toner
Step by step process
- Two or three days before you decide to bleach your hair and finish the transformation you need to treat your hair using a conditioning mask.
- Divide hair in to 2 inch sections, securing each section with the Alligator clips.
- Mix the bleach and cream developer. Refer to the instructions on the bleach packaging for the required quantities. It is typically a 2:1 ratio of developer to bleach. Keep mixing until you have a smooth paste.
- Perform a strand test before applying the paste all over. Just take a section of hair and apply the paste and leave it for a few minutes.
- Lightly wipe the covered section (do not remove all the paste) to see how much effect the bleach has had. Repeat this stage every few minutes until you are happy with the shade and record the time it takes to reach this shade.
- Section by section, repeat the process in step 4 but this time, now you know how long it should take to achieve the color you want, you leave it until that time before washing all of the paste off. It is best to begin at the beck of the head as the color at the back is normally a little darker. Staring each section at the bottom end and work towards the roots but do not go all the way, leave the roots until last.
- Once you have added the paste to all section, including the roots and washed it all off at the right time, wash the hair in shampoo and conditioner.
- You should rest you hair for a day or so before adding any blonde toner. Follow the instructions on the packaging to complete this final process.
As always, if you have any question please contact Agim Salon, we will more than delighted to help you with any beauty and hair aspects you wish to discuss.