Out of either habit or instinct, when we hold a conversation our eyes tend to look at the other persons lips although most of time we do not consciously do this. Next time you talk to someone (which should be sometime soon) try to think about this and see for yourself.
So, this week Agim Salon is going to suggest some tricks and tips to overcome “problem” lips.
Lips, like any other part of the body are prone to wear and tear, aging etc. and over time you need to sometimes need to make a slightly different approach in to applying your chosen lip “covering”.
Scaly or flaky Lips
Here is a straight forward DIY trick to remove scales of flakes with very little effort; all you need is a toothbrush and a little Vaseline.
- Generously apply some Vaseline to your lips.
- Using the toothbrush and moving it in small circles, massage the lips.
- Remove the excess Vaseline
By repeating this 1 or 2 times a day you will eventually remove the scales or flakes.
Lipstick that stains your teeth
This is a common problem that can be solved easily.
- Apply your lipstick as you normally would.
- Place one finger in your mouth.
- Close your mouth ensuring both lips clamp your finger.
- Remove your finger.
This simple procedure should remove excess lipstick and prevent it from going on to your teeth.
Want “fuller” lips?
There is no “simple” answer but there is something you can try out before thinking about more drastic action.
- Apply some lip-gloss, in some cases this is enough. If not, try the next tip.
- Use darker lip-gloss, perhaps 3 or 4 shades darker than normal. A red shade can help to make lips more full.
- For a long-lasting look, try using a lip cream containing peptides or other boosters. Some may work and others perhaps will not. This is by no means a “definite” solution.
- As a last resort, to achieve a permanent look you will probably need to visit a plastic surgeon for consultation. Only you can decide if the benefits (and possible pit-falls) will justify the cost as this is likely to be repeated every 6 months.
Agim Salon will be adding further tips for lips in the coming weeks so please return to get an update.
For more help about lips or any other beauty tips or products you can contact Agim Salon HERE