This week, Agim Salon is going unisex on our topic, the topic of manicures and how to manicure your own nails. It is a straight forward task requiring a few tools and a little bit of time to do the job properly. Manicure sets are readily available and do not need to be the most expensive to get great results.
By using the diagram above you should be able to find your way around your nails with ease.
Now to making your nails look and feel perfect.
- Wash your hands, and then dry them.
- Using an emery board nail file (double-sided), gently file the “distal edge” of the nail. Try not to go too close to the corners as you could weaken them this way.
- While filing, you can shape your nails. The most common is perhaps in an oval but the shape of your hand may be better suited to a “flat” look
- To see how smooth you have made your nails run them over a pair of nylon tights (or similar). If the nails are smooth, they will not snag the nylon.
- Now it is time to pay attention to the cuticles by applying a softener to them and allow the softener to soak the cuticles for a few minutes before moving on to the next step.
- Place your hands in some warm water (preferably in a bowl) and soak the nails for a few more minutes.
- Now you can push the cuticles from front to back of the nail. This will remove the excess growth and should be painless.
- Now put some hand lotion on one set of nails and massage it in to the fingers with the palm of the other hand, then simply repeat the process for the other hand.
This procedure is fine if you are not wearing nail varnish, if you are wearing nail varnish then return next week when Agim Salon will show you how to deal with this too.
If you have any question relating to any aspects of hair or beauty please do not hesitate to contact us.