This week, Agim Salon is going to touch on Mascara, well some types of mascara to be more precise. They come in a variety of forms from the basic to the glittery types. The choice can be overwhelming to the inexperienced user so we are going to try and simplify things a little and highlight some major differences.
First thing to explain is that there are just two basic kinds of mascara based on their composition, water proof and non-water proof. The water proof version will resist moisture such as rain, sweat or tears etc. Whichever type you buy, they are likely to be wax, fat or oil based products as these are water repellant.
The water proof mascaras are perhaps best for those that are active or at work for the majority of the day as they do not require frequent attention to keep them looking just right and ideal for wearing to places like the beach, parties or visiting anywhere where there is moisture in the air. The only downside is that water proof mascara requires a make-up remover to get rid of it. You may be able to remove a certain amount with soap and water but you will never remove all of it. Some manufactures are a little sneaky and produce mascara that can only be removed by using their mascara remover and it is possible that by trying another brand of remover could cause some kind of adverse reaction.
Non-water proof mascara will not last on the lashes as long but they should not be considered as being inferior to the water proof version, and are manufactured to be easier and lighter to apply. This lighter composition enables manufacturers to add other ingredients to create specialty mascaras. Being non-water proof they will of course run when in contact with some kind of moisture which will place a limit on how long you can wear it but on the plus side they are easily removed.
Mascaras are mainly either in a liquid, powder of cream form. The powders were the original form and are dusted over eye lashes or put on using a wet brush and are ideal for a short duration.
The creams are heavier but their properties also mean they have a strong hold and a good thickening effect. Putting it on can be a messy affair but using a grooved applicator makes the job easier.
The most common of the modern day are the liquids and are the best for coloring and darkening your lashes and absolutely ideal with well curled eye lashes to add a little definition.
Agim Salon stocks the Fifth Element range of mascara products – Volume X, Water Proof and Liquid Liner in a wide range of colors. Contact Agim Salon to discuss any aspect of mascara or indeed any other beauty products or tips.
Beauty is not only down to the eye of the beholder but can be down to the eyes of the holder too. When you look at someone you normally tend to notice either their hair or eyes first (if viewed from the front). So, to grab the attention of others and make that special effort to highlight your eyes as it really can make all the difference, and it is also really easy to achieve with a little care.
Agim Salon are going to give you a quick guide on how to achieve improved eye contact.
- The first step has to be preparation, without this key element you are unlikely to achieve the end result. Use a concealer to hide any dark patches under the eyes by placing three small blobs just below each eye and pat them gently, starting next to the bridge of the nose and work your way out.
- Once the concealer is applied it is time to add some eye base to your eye lids, this will ensure your chosen eye shadow remains in place for many hours. As before, this is an important step because of you do not “prime” your eye lids the eye shadow will probably create a greasy lines.
- Darker eye shadows can work very well as eye liners. Using a wet slanted brush, dip it in to the eye shadow and lines the eyes as close as possible to the upper eye lashes, starting from the corner next to the bridge of the nose and working outwards.
- Now apply eye liner on the bottom eye lids and as you want to avoid a prominent line you need to smudge the line with either your finger or a Q-tip.
- Time to apply some eye shadow. A three tone eye shadow effect can be highly effective, first apply a light eye shadow color of a similar shade to your eye lid and sweep across your upper eye lid only all the way to the bone in the eyebrow. Repeat with a slightly darker color, then finally the third tone which should be darker again then gently blend the colors. Of course if you only want two-tone you can miss out the third “sweep”.
- Now to brighten up the eyes with a subtle trick that is commonly used by make-up artists. Using the lightest eye shadow, press a little, with your finger, in to the inner corner of your eyes where the upper and lower eye lids meet.
- The penultimate step is to highlight the eyebrow. Using the same light shade of eye shadow, gently bad it with your finger on the eyebrow bone concentrating from the center to the outer part then blend.
- Nearly done! you need to curl your eye lashes to finish off your masterpiece. Even long eye lashes can be made to look more beautiful with an “eyelash curler”. You can warm the “curler” a little by using a hair dryer for a few seconds but make sure it is not too hot to use by touching it.
- All you need to do now is add some mascara. With the “wand” of the mascara brush, place it at the base of the eye lashes and gently move from side to side in an almost “wiggle” effect. Repeat the process a few more times then move to the lower eye lashes.
Agim Salon will be adding further tips for eye make up in the coming weeks so please return to get an update.
Agim Salon stocks the Fifth Element range of beauty products including Dimensional Shadow, Matte Shadow, Mineral Shadow, Mineral Matte Shadow & Polychromatic Shadow. For further information please contact us here.