Happy New Year to you all from Agim Salon
This week we are going to embark on a short series regarding the importance of brushing hair, what brush to use, the way to brush properly and massage the scalp.
The first stage then is to explain why brushing hair is so important. Did you realize for example that daily brushing is a better method of cleansing your hair than using artificial ingredient based shampoo?
Brushing properly is an extremely important element of hair maintenance and it will rejuvenate your hair, more so when you combine this with scalp massaging.
What does brushing do?
It removes waste materials that are encrusted on your scalp, such as catarrh, uric acid deposits and other impurities. It will also stimulate the capillaries, increase the circulation of blood and in turn provides the hair with more nutrients and oxygen. There is one further benefit and is more important than those already mentioned – It stimulates oil and hormone producing glands that keep the pores open and allows them to breathe and retain natural oils.
The loss of hair is almost always traced back to sebaceous glands where natural oils and a lubricating system are secreted. If these glands become unbalanced they can produce too much or too little sebum, fatty oils that are delivering the nutrients.
Over-production will cause the follicles to drown and this will interfere with nourishment levels to the roots. The scalp then becomes weak and hair loss will begin. Under-production makes the roots undernourished; the hair then becomes brittle as it dries out, and eventually falls out.
If you are frequently introducing various chemicals to your hair in the form of gels, conditioners, shampoos etc. then these too can cause the pores to be clogged up.
Next week Agim Salon will highlight what the effects of these chemical based products can be.
Agim Salon is going to touch on dying your hair red this week, not an easy option for most people and incredibly difficult for most and once achieved it is so difficult keep the look. The initial stages are more than likely to be a case of trial and error, and by this we mean finding the right dye for your hair. We cannot give a single recommendation to suit all hair types or people so it is up to you to find the right one – sorry.
There are many semi-permanent dyes available, ManicPanic, Special Effects, Punky Colors, N-Rage etc. and not all of them are likely to be to your liking, it is just the nature of transforming to red hair. The best advice at this point is to try them out one at a time until you find something that pleases you.
Once you have managed to get your hair looking the way you want, or at least something you are happy with, you need to think about how to maintain the look, which is also not very easy. First and foremost is to use shampoos and conditioners that are designed for color maintenance (get the best you can afford or can easily get). There is an option to use dry shampoos for the days you choose to wash your hair. When washing your hair, which should not be more than perhaps three times in any week, make sure you wash it with cold to lukewarm water, as hot water will destroy everything you have achieved so far. Direct heat will also diminish the appearance so the use of straighteners and other styling tools should be used very sparingly if possible. Use a heat protector if you want to frequently style your hair using a heat source, although you probably will still see some fading taking place.
You may ultimately give up but if you are determined to have red hair, take note of the points above that have been highlighted.
Happy New Year to you all from Agim Salon.
A few weeks ago Agim Salon wrote about changing your hair color to a lighter shade, this week we Agim Salon is going to discuss the process to having blonde hair.
Changing your hair color to blonde from brown is quite common practice but if not done correctly, the results can be disastrous. Take the right steps and avoid taking shortcuts and you will achieve your goal. You do not need to be experienced to get it right, just careful. The process will mean bleaching your hair and if you are not comfortable with doing that, then perhaps blonde hair is not an option for you. It is also a time consuming process so please bare that in mind also.
What will you need?
- Giant, old towel or button-up shirt
- Conditioning mask
- Alligator clips
- Plastic mixing bowl
- Cream developer
- Applicator brush
- Rat-tail comb
- Powdered hair bleach (DO NOT use household bleach)
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Disposable gloves
- Blonde toner
Step by step process
- Two or three days before you decide to bleach your hair and finish the transformation you need to treat your hair using a conditioning mask.
- Divide hair in to 2 inch sections, securing each section with the Alligator clips.
- Mix the bleach and cream developer. Refer to the instructions on the bleach packaging for the required quantities. It is typically a 2:1 ratio of developer to bleach. Keep mixing until you have a smooth paste.
- Perform a strand test before applying the paste all over. Just take a section of hair and apply the paste and leave it for a few minutes.
- Lightly wipe the covered section (do not remove all the paste) to see how much effect the bleach has had. Repeat this stage every few minutes until you are happy with the shade and record the time it takes to reach this shade.
- Section by section, repeat the process in step 4 but this time, now you know how long it should take to achieve the color you want, you leave it until that time before washing all of the paste off. It is best to begin at the beck of the head as the color at the back is normally a little darker. Staring each section at the bottom end and work towards the roots but do not go all the way, leave the roots until last.
- Once you have added the paste to all section, including the roots and washed it all off at the right time, wash the hair in shampoo and conditioner.
- You should rest you hair for a day or so before adding any blonde toner. Follow the instructions on the packaging to complete this final process.
As always, if you have any question please contact Agim Salon, we will more than delighted to help you with any beauty and hair aspects you wish to discuss.